Maybe you want to publish your everyday livings.
Maybe you want to engage a specific audience.
Perhaps, you just want to make money online, and a blog is one of the best ways to accomplish it.
However, hold on cowboy, because before getting to riches, you need to master the basics.
So, I will show you how to start your own blog in 2019 using Bluehost and WordPress. The perfect beginner and budget-friendly combo.
What Do You Need to Start a Blog?
Let’s go straight to the point:
- A topic or niche
- Keywords to target
- A good domain name (preferably a .com)
- A fast and easy-to-use web hosting service
- A monetization method (for later)
- An email auto-responder service
Before starting a blog, make sure to pick a niche (even a sub niche or micro niche) before starting. Never go general, at least not as a beginner. Extra points if it is a topic that you are passionate about.
Next comes the keyword research, because you need to have a clear idea of what keywords your customers are using to look for your products and services. It will be key for content creation.
Although, it is fair to say that you can use other methods for driving traffic. SEO is excellent and should be part of your strategy, but it is a rather a mid and long term investment.
Here you have some great ideas to drive traffic to your blog:
- Answer questions in Quora
- Participate in related communities at Reddit
- Join related FB groups and share your posts
- Engage users in Twitter and drop links to your posts whenever possible
- Start a YouTube channel and be active in the community
- Create a persona and leave relevant comments in similar blogs to yours
Just some ideas to get the traffic generation going.
Now, you should also use an email auto-responder to make the most out of your traffic, because if you can collect emails from laser-targeted visitors, you can sell to them over and over again.
Thanks to email marketing, you can build a solid and strong relationship with your customers, who will keep buying from you if you engage them well.
Finally, you need to monetize your traffic. There are several ways, just to name a few:
- Affiliate marketing
- Info products (your own)
- Shot outs and guest posts
We will talk about each one of these strategies in the next posts. Stay tuned!
Why Bluehost? – Affordable and Great Performance:
Now you have a nice overview of the things you need to start your blog. However, why Bluehost?
I recommend it to you because:
- It is affordable
- Easy to use interface
- Great security features and measures
- Fast and reliable performance (great speed and uptime)
- It is excellent for running WordPress
- Solid customer support service
Therefore, it is ideal for you as a beginner, because even if you choose their most affordable plan, you will have everything you need to start your very first blog!